General terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions relate to your use of and access to the MKFoodFest website.
Your use of and access to the MKFoodFest website ("Site") and any transactions you may make are subject to the terms and conditions ("Terms") set out below.
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Please check this page of the Site periodically. Your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed your acceptance of the modified Terms applicable from time to time.
By using or visiting this website, you expressly agree to accept these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site.
Website accessibility statement
We are committed to making this website as accessible as possible - particularly for those with visual disabilities. In the event that you have any access issues concerning our site, and would like to bring them to our attention, please contact our website team.
MKFoodFest and this Website
MKFoodFest ("the Festival" or "we" or "us") is a not for profit company limited by guarantee.
This Site is intended to be a source of information relating to MKFoodFest , food producers, entertainment, program (line-up) and other productions ("Events").
The Site and its Content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. We may update the content and make improvements or changes in the information, services and other materials on this Site at any time without notice. We cannot promise that this website or files contained on it will be error free, uninterrupted, or virus free.
All intellectual property rights in the design of this Site and the contents, selection and arrangement of all of the material, which is available on this Site, belongs to MKFoodFest . No material from this Site may be commercially exploited, reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without MKFoodFest’s written permission.
This Site contains links to other websites independent of MKFoodFest. We have no control over such websites and any links are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this Site, and do not imply our endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators.
Exhibitors should also read their additional Terms and Conditions as set out in the exhibitor terms page.
Privacy is important to us; therefore we will not sell, rent, or give your name or address to anyone. We may occasionally contact you on other people’s behalf if you have subscribed to one of our mailing lists. You can opt out at any time by contacting us or updating your profile using the link on our newsletter.
Although MKFoodFest cannot monitor the conduct of its users off the Site, it is also a violation of these Terms to use any information obtained from this Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
Conditions of Sale
We do not accept any liability for any ticket virtual or otherwise, ("Tickets") made via this website save as set out in these terms.
No tickets may be used for competitions or promotions without written permission from MKFoodFest.
As a result of entry onto Festival sites all visitors consent to the following:
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Vehicles in the car parks are left at your own risk
- The Festival line-up and layout is subject to change
- Main market venues are fully accessible to wheelchair-users and mobility scooters
- Please be aware that there are some uneven surfaces and that the Festival may be crowded
- No unauthorized recordings of Events. All images and sound recordings remain the property of MKFoodFest. (Cameras for personal use are allowed.)
- All those attending MKFoodFest consent to the photography, filming/sound recording as members of the audience, which may be used for promotional or commercial activities
- Linford Manor Park is an open publicly accessible area. All attendees enter at their own risk
- It is against the law to smoke in enclosed spaces, please observe the signage around the Festival sites
- It is illegal to sell alcohol to or purchase alcohol for under 18s. If you appear to be under 21 you may be asked for ID
- Dangerous or drunk and disorderly behaviour will result in immediate expulsion from the site
- Strictly no trading is allowed on Festival sites or public areas given over to the Festival without written permission from MKFoodFest
- MKFoodFest has no liability for the loss or damage of vehicles, goods or other materials belonging to guests, Exhibitors and crew attending the Festival
- The organisers reserve the right to implement any restrictions/conditions deemed necessary before and during the event to ensure the safe management of the Festival site.
Please note, in the event of an event being cancelled or postponed, MKFoodFest cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the customer for travel, accommodation or any other related service. Decisions to move or cancel events are not made by the Festival, therefore we are not liable and will not offer compensation or refunds of any costs incurred.
In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties, you may be asked to provide additional information after your booking so that we can verify your purchase.
The Festival does not accept liability for any misrepresentations, negligence, contractual or tortuous loss of any kind suffered by you from the products, or services, or actions of any venue or area, performer, exhibitor, promoter or others.
We will not be liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or profit nor any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages.
These Terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between you and us and shall have priority over any and all prior statements, understandings or agreements whether oral or in writing.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts and, by using this Site, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
Any queries regarding purchases or any other services associated with this site should be directed to MKFoodFest . Please follow the link for contact information.
MKFoodFest is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MKFoodFest may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that indicates that you want the information to be used by for direct marketing purposes, please make sure this is 'un-checked'
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone us on, 01904 661848, or write to us at MK Food Fest, North Pavilion Parklands MK145DZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.